Browse Exhibits (3 total)
The University of Massachusetts has long been an institution striving toward growth and expansion, transforming from a modest agrarian college into a large, modern, and bustling campus. This spirit of growth and change is exemplified by the story of Goodell Library, which was built in 1935 to replace the Old Chapel as the campus library.
The trolley waiting station, one of the few buildings on campus to be designed by a UMass graduate, stood for over 100 years before it was demolished in May 2012.
The Old Chemistry Building was constructed shortly after the Massachusetts Agricultural College was founded in 1863, and served a myriad of functions.