Browse Items (6 total)

  • Collection: North Pleasant Street

ThetaChi.png
“Frat Row” was a staple of the University’s Greek Life. The houses at 401, 395, 389, 387, 385 North Pleasant Street and the Theta Chi and Phi Sig fraternity houses became what the students coined “Frat Row.” To the students, Frat Row was…

MarshallAnnex.jpeg
The Marshall Annex was an ever-changing fixture of the UMass campus for many years before it was eventually demolished in 2006. Originally, the building stood as a barracks building at Westover Field, an Air Force base in Chicopee, Massachusetts. The…

RG150-0005670.png
Arthur Sharp, University of Massachusetts graduate, designed a waiting station which serviced people in transit for over one hundred years. Completed in 1911 as the Massachusetts Agricultural College trolley station and shelter, the one-story…

RG150-0003323.png
150 years after the Massachusetts Agricultural College acquired the Cowles’ house in 1864, the building still stands on what is now the University of Massachusetts at Amherst campus. Much has been changed, however, in the three centuries since its…

RG150-0003346.png
Construction on Marshall Hall at the University of Massachusetts, then called the Massachusetts State College, began in 1915 and was completed in 1916. Built on the west side of what is now Thatcher Road, the building was designed to house the…

RG150-0003150.png
The Abigail Adams House was built in 1920 as the first dormitory intended to house female students at UMass Amherst, (then the Massachusetts Agricultural College).

When UMass began in 1863 as a land-grant agricultural college, women were not…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2