Southwest Campus & Commonwealth Avenue

Title

Southwest Campus & Commonwealth Avenue

Subject

[no text]

Description

Creator

[no text]

Source

[no text]

Publisher

[no text]

Date

[no text]

Contributor

[no text]

Rights

[no text]

Relation

[no text]

Format

[no text]

Language

[no text]

Type

[no text]

Identifier

[no text]

Coverage

[no text]

Items in the Southwest Campus & Commonwealth Avenue Collection

Barns and Cattle Shed
The University of Massachusetts was founded as a Morrill Land Grant school in 1863. The school was originally called the Massachusetts Agricultural College, then the Massachusetts State College in 1931, and finally became the University of…

WFCR Radio Station
Founded in 1961, WFCR has played a vital role in circulating news throughout the Pioneer Valley. Initially located within the Springfield Trade School in Springfield, Massachusetts, WFCR first moved to UMass Amherst in 1967 after the school's Board…

Federal Circle<br /><br />
Federal Circle, along with Commonwealth Circle, was an area developed at the university directly after the Second World War to accommodate veteran students and their families. It was located along Lincoln Avenue, on the site of the former R.O.T.C.…

Alumni Athletic Field
What is now Haigis Mall was merely an open field at the University’s inception. Later, it became the Alumni Athletic Field, and finally Haigis Mall. Located to the East of Lincoln Avenue, and South of Ellis Drive, neither of which run through the…